mythology meme: [5,6/9] deities
↳ Hypnos and Thanatos
Hypnos (Ὕπνος) and Thanatos (Θάνατος) are, respectively, the personifications of sleep and non-violent death; the twin sons of the goddess Nyx, they live in the Underworld, in a place where the rays of the sun and the moon will never touch. Out of the two, Hypnos is said to be the gentler one, although both are ruthless in their own right.
Confession: I confess I worry I am a bigot. I know making love interests “playersexual” is intended to be inclusive and maximize options, that RPGs are largely about fantasy wish-fulfillment, and that my playthrough is not affected by anyone else’s. But knowing every potential love interest could go either way decreases my immersion because I know this is statistically uncommon. I preferred my party having a mix of orientations: it felt more real.
Repeat after me, OP: Four bisexual people in the same city is not less realistic than:
- Magic that you can use to cause flame or ice or lightning fly from your fingertips
- Literal Demons
- Literal Spirits that take possession of people
- Elves that run around barefooted literally everywhere.
- A culture that worships dogs using “bitch” as an insult
- (seriously did NO ONE in the writer’s room raise their hand and go “Wait a second here maybe we should rethink this…”?)
- An ancient order that uses the blood of corrupted monsters of an unknown sinister origin to allow them to fight said monsters better.
- USING LAVA AS A LIGHT SOURCE WHERE YOU ARE IN AN ENCLOSED CAVE STANDING FIVE FEET AWAY FROM IT AND DOING JUST FINE.
- GIANT FUCKING SPIDERS SERIOUSLY I AM TALKING HUMMER SIZED
- Cutting people apart and stitching them back together frankenstein style and having that actually work.
- Giant gray-skinned horned people.
So, yes, OP. If you’re going “The fact that four bisexuals are in the same city and also hang out together, THAT’S what breaks my immersion” you might want to rethink your priorities. Sorry, but them’s the breaks.
Also bisexuals huddle together for warmth and travel in packs. So. Yeah.
AND THE FACT THAT HE CAN’T EVEN LOOK HIM IN THE EYE, OR FACE HIM
AND JUST SAYS IT BLUSHING OVER HIS SHOULDER
AND KEEPS AVERTING HIS EYES BEFORE TURNING AWAY ALL EMBARRASSED
HE CAN’T EVEN SAY “YOU” BECAUSE HE IS SO FLUSTERED
BECAUSE LOVE IS ILLOGICAL BUT HE IS A TOTAL DORK WHO HAS FALLEN FOR NAGISA